You’ve slogged to land this job. It’s the culmination of years of struggling through college and hitting targets year-on-year in your recent roles. You’ve finally earned what’s yours – a seat at the top table in a senior role.
“What could go wrong?” you ask. Well, quite a lot actually.
Stick to what you know and you could fall flat on your face. Do too much and you could step on the toes of the new colleagues who, instead of having your back, will be sticking knives into it.
Yes, there is as much a chance of you failing as there is succeeding, unless you get to grips with the different set of behaviours required in your new environment.
This programme will help you find the sweet spot and strike the right balance to successfully transition into your new role. It will address the following among other things:
- Knowledge: What do you need to learn? This involves the technical and cultural aspects of your new environment.
- Your boss: How do you engage with your boss so that you both have a shared interpretation on what your success looks like?
- Delivery: What should you focus on achieving early on in order to deliver the quick wins required to build credibility?
- Team: How should you build and manage the team whose support is crucial to your success?
- Network: How do you build the networks and alliances that will help you identify and navigate the corridors of power?
How it works
This programme is about generating change and action – not gossip. It will be delivered following a structured approach, in a confidential manner, over a three to four month period. The following graphic details how the programme will potentially work:
If this piques your curiosity and you would like to find out more, you can schedule a conversation by clicking on link below.